Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rainy Day










Perfect day for some hot chocolate, Christmas music and peppermint sprinkled cupcakes while watching the rain fall from a window. Not to mention, I may even have met a ghost today. That's not the whole story though. So I mentioned earlier, I had been watching the rain from inside the house when I saw this friendly looking man with a walker standing under a shade. It was pouring pretty hard outside so I thought maybe he needed some help. So, I quickly grabbed an umbrella, ran outside and gave it to the nice man. We talked for a bit and I even learned a little bit of Chinese from him. Turns out the man lived one complex up from me! As soon as I went back inside and it took only about 7 seconds I looked back out the window and the man was gone! It was quite shocking, no matter how you think of it, a man with a walker can not be gone out of sight in less than 10 seconds. Whoever that man was, it did not matter whether he was the real Saint Nicholas, Santa or a ghost. It's the greatest feeling in the world when you can do such a small thing for someone. Even the smallest gift will touch a person's heart. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment